Salvaging Trashed Carpets in Wakefield
How do we manage to restore carpets that have been abused like this in wakefield
It starts with a process , with carpets this bad we need to break out some serious solutions.
This is our step by step guide .
- Brush stairs down with a stiff brush getting into all the edges (use softer on wool)
- Vacuum the stairs again paying attention to the edges , using a grout brush to get into the gaps
- Mix up your pre-spray in this case shockwave was mixed hand hot water any hotter and it will slow down the active enzymes 15ml to 1 litre.
- spray the stairs so that enough product is released to cover all the fibre starting from the top to the bottom .
- Return to the top of the stairs and using a oreck with a green stiff brush work your way down agitating the prespray .
- Leave to Dwell in this case a good 30 minutes
- Begin extracting from the top using a hand tool and flushing well then finishing of with drying strokes the bull noses can be finished off with the end off the hose . I use a magma heater to heat the rinse water this gets up to 110 degrees
- check the stairs for and spot , paint stains etc and treat accordingly using your stain kit mainly I use citrus gel and a form of solvent (some do this at the beginning but I leave it to last as a lot will come out with the process) always flush treated areas well and keep solvents away from the carpet backing .
- Finish off by towelling them down
Stairs are hard work and remember the bottom 3 treads take a lot of wear and the backing can get impacted with dry soiling so don’t over wet the treads or you will get wick back.
We cover all areas of wakefield , Stanley ferry , East ardsley.Thornes,Hobury .Sandel ,Kettlethorpe,Newmiller Dam ,Dewsbury,Ossett
We also do commercial wok in wakefield offices ,shops ,factories ,schools, leisure centres Dr surgeries.