Traffic lanes are areas of carpet that become heavily soiled and worn , due to the heavy traffic over just one certain area .
The soil becomes embedded and the grit sand and soil removes a protective layer that surrounds the fibre , this stops the light from reflecting and leaves the area of carpet looking dull and worn .
To clean areas like this we use different stages , after testing the fibres to identify what fibre it is follow these stages .
- Plug your machine in and switch your heater on
- Give the carpet a good brush with a carpet brush or stiff broom, rotary,crb (Contra rotating brushes)
- Vacuum the area thoroughly , going north, south, west and east
- Apply your chosen carpet cleaning solution (hot)
- Allow the solution to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes ( Do not agitate yet)
- Agitate with your chosen method , now leave this again to dwell 5 to 10 mins
- pre spray the area again , checking all the time that you are not our wetting the area .
- Allow the solution to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes then agitate once more
The reason to do this is to change the state of the soils and grease that lay on the carpet , they are solids, and we are attempting to change this into a soluble solution that can be easily extracted .
By Neil Kelloway