This is a brief outline of how to clean a carpet from arriving at the customers Door
- Knock on the door , and take two paces back , no one likes someone in their face
- Introduce yourself and confirm that work that is to be carried out
- Inspect all carpets and identify what the construction is , wool, nylon, polypropylene etc do a burn test if needed
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly noting any burns, stains , bad fitting or areas of concern and point these out to the customer before starting to apply pre-spray.
- choose the solution best suited to the carpet to be cleaned On wool I nearly always use a wool safe product which is low ph. mix your chosen solution fresh every time with warm to hot water unless direction say otherwise. always follow dilution guides
- Spray the solution onto the carpet( apply more to the dirtier areas and less to the clean areas) and allow to dwell for a few minutes then agitate using either a carpet brush or use a crb, sebo duo or rotary with a shampoo brush attached , then allow to dwell a further 10 to 15 mins . check all the edges for draught marks and agitate
- Set up your equipment adding acid rinse to your tank if needed , and then begin extracting using over lapping with your wand and use plenty of dry strokes
- Once completed check for any stains left and and filter lines that are left apply separate solutions to this if not completely gone such as prochem filter out, always flush out any other product you apply to the carpet
- Groom the carpet and dry using turbo Dryers if needed
One thing I love when I go to carpet cleaning road shows is looking in other carpet cleaners Vans,
Vw Caddy 2.0 Tdi return 50 mpg fully loaded
so heres a list of items I Carry in my van whilst out on the roads of Barnsley and Wakefield,wombwell and rotherham
And here is some I keep for back up and commercial work
- Hot Water extraction Machine . Its a Alltec 40, the 40 means it holds 40 litres of water.
hot water extraction machine
- Taski ranger low speed rotary plus scrub brush, shampoo
Taski ranger slow speed Rotary Buffer
brush,various different pads for Lm cleaning.
- Twin jet wand
- 2 x 75 foot lengths of vacuum hose this will be enough to run the machine from out side and still reach all the rooms in a std 3 bed semi.
- 2 x 75 foot of high pressure solution hoses
- A sebo 36 vacuum cleaner
- Towels about 5 of various sizes
- Carpet brush
- Upholstery hand tool
- 2 x buckets one for dirty water one for clean
- 25 litre container ,I use this to carry hot water ,saves time and somtimes there is no water or heating at some homes
- Solutions I carry a basic amount due to space. shockwave a high ph powder used for very dirty and greasy carpets ,Dynamall a dry clean solution, and spm for most general cleans
Dynamall dry carpet cleaning solution
- spotters, acetone, surgical spirits,rust remover, white spirits,peroxide 9%,a ph neutral detergent , a enzyme detergent
- receipt book,cards pens
- Iphone 4s great for taking pics, built in sat nav links to google
- First aid kit
- jump leads
- 15 metres extension cable
- small electric tyre pump
- then odds and sods like knife , spanner screwdriver , bottled water
- Pump up sprayer
- Magma instant water heater , turns cold water into 110 degrees of heat in two mins.
- Prochem Pro 35 crb dry and wet cleaner for agitation and encapsulation cleaning.
Debris and hairs removed by pro 35 from a rug after vacuuming
air flex mini and magna instant heater
power flyte Hot water extraction machine
sebo duo and sebo vac
Magma heater turns cold water hot very fast
Vac and solution hose 3 lengths will allow you to complete most 3 bed house with the machine left outside
Posted in Barnsley Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
Tagged airflex, carpet cleaning yorkshire, contents of my van, magma heater, power flyte, rotowash, sebo, sebo duo, solution hoses, van, Wakefield, wombwell